7 Keys to Growing Spiritually Through Entrepreneurship
In a world that is moving faster and faster and has shrunken our attention span to that of a goldfish, promises of immediate success, overnight success and abundance litter our landscape.
To believe that you will create a multi-million dollar business from scratch in less than 6 months is ridiculous. To believe that you can just get the stuff and turn “auto-play” and the cash will begin pouring in, is naive.
Entrepreneurship will highlight your weaknesses and areas that need more knowledge, development and practice.
It is during this time that you are “breaking ground” so to speak. You are busting your chops and tend to see little results because just as you figure something out you realize you need to learn something new. Or you need to clear something old out.
Let’s just say that you choose the speaking route.
Then you will quickly find out you need to learn the best structure that takes into consideration the psychological motivators that cause people to take action. So you need to implement those.
And that is IF your inner game is totally sharp, IF there are no blocks, fears of you are lacking confidence about getting in front of people. But if there are any inner blocks, then the process may take longer…
Within every problem we face lies the potential for a creative solution that will stretch your being and will bring a deeper transformation not just to you but to those you serve.
- Get the support, hire your coaches, teaches and mentors that can guide you, challenge you, motivate you and hold your feet to the fire when you need that.
- Take ownership of the application and implementation of what you learn and keep asking for help, clarification and keep trying over and over.
- Pick 1 or 2 things and stick to them!
- Don’t switch approaches after trying and failing 1-5 times. Remember it takes 10,000 hrs to achieve mastery and none of us became masters of our trade simply by “thinking about it”. You gotta get your hands dirty, fall on your face and get up several times so you refine it and become more confident.
- Stay open to the possibility that within you resides an abundance of wisdom. Perhaps a particular approach doesn’t resonate for you exactly and you try it consistently (this is important! You can’t claim something doesn’t work if you don’t try it and apply it consistently) for a while with lackluster results. Well perhaps this opens up a creative possibility for you to take some of that system and your intuitive sense of what would work for you or your tribe and then you hit the winning combination! This is perhaps even more valuable and worthwhile- it inspired and opened up a portal for you to access your own wisdom.
- Practice gratitude for any and all that contribute to your knowledge base and your success. Paid or unpaid, professional or not. People who are willing to gift you with their skills, abilities, knowledge, wisdom and time could have chosen to do something else, yet they chose to invest in YOU. Be gracious.
- Pay it forward- at some point in your life or Carreer you will no longer be seen as the student and people will come to you as the teacher and expert. Don’t let your success get to your head so much that you are stingy with your time, resources and wisdom. Remember that many invested in you at some point and that it is worth investing in others. Recognize however that you have no control over other’s success. All you can do is share what you know.
- Lift others as you rise. The old model of business involved stepping over others, putting others down and “crushing the competition” for your business to thrive. We are in a new era of conscious business. Help others along, champion your competitors, lift others as you move up, and take others with you. Maintain your heart open and compassionate for those who chose to challenge you or disagree with you. You will have no regrets. Others may when they “wake up” to how they have lived their lives. Live, love and share openly.
- The last part of paying it forward is to realize that you can make a greater difference in the world than simply sharing your knowledge and expertise. Take up a cause that matters to you. Get involved, donate time, money & energy to making out world a better place for all.